Does your agency completely reinvent the wheel every time you service a new client? Does it feel like engagements unnecessarily follow a different flow every time? If so, you’re not alone.
Often, these issues stem directly from the lack of a clearly defined Agency Workflow. Without an overarching workflow, it’s very likely your agency isn’t benefiting from efficiencies often associated with project specialization, scale or frequency. Symptoms include:
- Poor handoffs at the start of a project, resulting in lengthy project kick offs
- Poor communication between team members, leading to off-the-mark projects
- Lack of involvement of key team members at crucial project stages
- Critical steps consistently being missed, resulting in extended timelines
- Unclear ownership of project deliverables, milestones, budgets, etc.
While many creatives fear that documenting process and committing to “structure” will damage creativity, we find the opposite is true. Experience has taught us that a well-structured workflow vastly improves – not hinders – your team’s ability to efficiently produce world class creative. Instead, think of workflow as a set of guardrails that protect the quality, timeliness and profitability of your work.
The goal of defining and documenting your Agency Workflow is to create an agreed upon roadmap, for both new and seasoned employees, that helps alleviate the chaos found in many agencies. When your staff is aligned and everyone is rowing in the same direction, both culture and the quality of creative improves.
We specialize in helping agencies define their Agency Workflow by helping them understand the core of what they deliver and how they do it. By clearly understanding the entire process, we can define an Agency Workflow that will align the entire agency towards delivering what you do best. A well-designed workflow will:
- Reduce onboarding time for employees
- Reduce duplication of effort and overlap between departments
- Identify phase + departmental handoffs critical to quality + timeliness of work
- Provide a framework to manage complex integrated programs
- Clarify responsibilities and accountabilities for all phases of work
Let us help you uncover your process and create a customized workflow to capture what you do – ultimately increasing your agency’s efficiency, profitability, throughput and quality.